IDeaS Awards 2021 Cornell Revenue Management Sponsorships
Six new sponsorships presented to advance the careers of the hotel industry’s future revenue leaders from around the world
IDeaS, the world’s leading provider of revenue management software and services, announced today the 2021 IDeaS Cornell Revenue Management Sponsorship recipients, continuing its ongoing program to foster professional development in the field of revenue management.
· IDeaS 2021 Cornell Revenue Management Sponsorships – Working in partnership with Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration in the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, these sponsorships present hospitality professionals with the opportunity to earn online certificates developed by senior Cornell faculty leaders. With applicants from across 17 countries, the 2021 global winners are as follows:
· Advanced Hospitality Revenue Management – Tiphaine Porte, multi-hotel revenue manager, Accor, United Kingdom and Odontuya Natsagdorj, senior manager, investment and asset management, Shangri-La Ulaanbaatar Hotel, Mongolia
· Hotel Revenue Management – Carlotta Rossi, sales and revenue executive, Lefay Resorts, Italy and Sarah Gushurst, lodging revenue coordinator, The Biltmore Company, United States
· Data Analytics 360 – Zackary Han Kai Tay, director of revenue management, Grand Hyatt Beijing, China and Vinicius Lombardi Alves, pricing analyst, Nomah, Brazil
· Shaping the careers of future revenue management leaders – As a member of the advisory board of the Leland C. and Mary M. Pillsbury Institute for Hospitality Entrepreneurship at Cornell University’s SC Johnson College of Business since 2018, IDeaS’ Dr. Ravi Mehrotra continues to support and educate future leaders in the field.
Tiphaine Porte, multi-hotel revenue manager, Accor, United Kingdom, said: “I am thrilled to be one of the recipients of this sponsorship. I would like to thank eCornell and IDeaS for this opportunity, and I am looking forward to starting the program, which will provide me with the advanced tools and techniques to strengthen my revenue management knowledge.”
Zackary Han Kai Tay, director of revenue management, Grand Hyatt Beijing, China, said: “Continuous learning through this ever-changing environment is necessary for the hospitality industry. I am honored to be selected for Data Analytics 360 certifications sponsored by IDeaS and Cornell University. I am confident that completing the courses will further elevate my revenue management skills, allowing better decision-making for my organization in the future.”
Dr. Ravi Mehrotra, president, founder & chief scientist, IDeaS, said: “The hospitality industry has reached a significant inflection point. As hoteliers strategize their revenue recoveries, many revenue management professionals have used this period of transition to advance their learning and skillsets. Through IDeaS’ work with the hospitality program at Cornell University, we continue to bridge the gap between business and academia, and I couldn’t be prouder to honor these six bright minds as we continue to invest in tomorrow’s revenue leaders."
About the School of Hotel Administration
The School of Hotel Administration, at the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, is shaping the global knowledge base for hospitality management through leadership in education, research, and industry advancement. The school provides management instruction in the full range of hospitality disciplines, educating the next generation of leaders in the world's largest industry. Founded in 1922 as the nation's first collegiate course of study in hospitality management, the School of Hotel Administration is recognized as the world leader in its field.