What are the ways that hotel tablets can be leveraged to improve the guest experience?
Interactive hotel tablet technology in guest rooms can be an extremely high ROI hospitality technology investment. Some hotels may be looking for hotel tablets to act as a form of digital concierge. Others may be looking to upsell goods and services like F&B, room service, or spa outlets.
Selecting a guest tablet provider may seem intimidating, but it is simpler than expected by keeping in mind a few key points for consideration - experience, cost and ROI, reliability, and guest satisfaction. Not many vendors excel at all of these points at the same time. You want to find a company that has built the platform (including hardware) completely from the ground up, specifically with hotel in mind. This means that they have worked through most of the initial challenges of developing a great product, understands how to keep costs low with a high ROI to hotels, and understands the guests needs intricately to ensure consistent satisfaction. For info on guest room technology trends, questions that you should ask vendors and more download the 2022 Hoteliers Guide to Guest Room Tablets
How can guest room tablets improve profitability and efficiency?
1. Lowered Operating Costs
- Remove the need to print any paper - ever again
- Make changes to content instantly - not waiting for new prints to be distributed
- No need to push paper under doors to communicate with guests
2. Increased Revenues
- Guests rarely know all the services you have to offer - a tablet provides that
- Promote Hotel services, for example pushing the restaurant (that’s a little too quiet tonight) or cancellation in the spa
- Promote late check out’s, or extended stays (with a discount) or your other properties?
- Busy periods ahead? Does it have dynamic pricing - can you yield pricing in room service and minibar instantly (just like you do on rooms)
3. Optimized Operations
- Instant guest messaging - No need to push paper under doors with paper messages, saving both time and effort, but keep guests informed.
- Directly integrate to ticketing platforms, eg HotSOS and Quore. Guest requests for towels etc can be sent directly to the member of staff on duty, and allows managers to better optimize staff on duty.